A wide variety of advanced diagnostic testing and imaging services are available at FHN.
Laboratory and pathology services are two methods FHN uses to determine a specific disease or diagnosis. Tissues, organs, blood and other body fluids are examined and/or tested. Lab services are available at all FHN locations.
FHN Family Healthcare Centers in Lena, Mount Carroll, and Savanna also offer x-ray services.
FHN imaging services include:
- A state-of-the-art combined CT scanner and nuclear gamma camera allows us to offer more convenient cardiac stress tests for our patients and allows for exceptional specificity and sensitivity in localizing tumors and provides quicker scans with a higher level of detail.
- CT (Computed Tomography): A series of X-rays that show the human body in slices. The x-ray mechanism, which surrounds the body, "inches" its way along the area being examined, taking multiple tomograms (slices). The computer is used to turn the tomograms into pictures.
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging): A noninvasive diagnostic technique that uses nuclear magnetic resonance to produce cross-sectional images of organs and other internal body structures.
- PET (Positron Emission Tomography): An imaging technique that monitors metabolic, or biochemical, activity in the brain and other organs by tracking the movement and concentration of a radioactive tracer injected into the bloodstream.
- Ultrasound uses high-frequency sound waves to produce an image of organs and structures inside the body. Unlike x-rays, ultrasound does not expose you to radiation.
See the imaging and testing capabilities available at the FHN Women's Diagnostic Center
at FHN Memorial Hospital.
Need help? Finding the right providers for you and your family is an important step in ensuring your best health. If you need help finding a provider, please call us at 1-877-6000-FHN, 1-877-600-0346 ext 965.
Many of our specialty care offices require a referral from primary care for your initial visit, so if you're already an FHN patient, you may need to contact your primary care provider for more information. If you're new to FHN, or don't have a primary care provider, call the number above and you'll have a primary care appointment before you hang up the phone!* Thank you for choosing FHN!
*Restrictions or requirements of health insurance carriers may apply; eligibility will be confirmed during our conversation with you.