Our Vision and Mission
Healthcare Excellence for our Communities
FHN, together with those we serve, improves health and provides superior, quality healthcare services. Respect, dignity and compassion guide our interactions, while leadership and wise stewardship of resources direct the process.
Committed to Economic Health
As one of the largest employers in the Freeport area, FHN employs approximately 1,200 team members, providing economic viability to the community and stability for families.
As a sponsor of more than 60 community events, we contribute thousands of dollars in cash and in-kind donations annually. Each year, our employees add their personal contributions (averaging more than $40,000 to the United Way), as well as serving in leadership positions in many community organizations and boards.
Committed to Community Health
In 2022, FHN:
- FHN's free community summer exercise competition, Miles And Minutes, promotes good health and gives money to area schools.
In 2022, 330 participants logged a total of 251,018 minutes of exercise and $8,200 was donated to 7 area schools
- Participated in the community-wide Connect the D.O.T.S. initiative to promote well-being – and being well – by helping individuals meet their basic physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs
- Helped to serve families in northwest Illinois through 17 Mobile RX Pantry Program events held in cooperation with the Northern Illinois Food Bank
- Administered more than 1,750 pandemic-safe blood pressure screenings at no charge, including counseling and education
- Educated more than 1,100 people on poison prevention
- Offered health information through provider-led seminars to more than 520 people at 21 events
- Presented virtual school programs focused on health to 1,600 students
- Donated $16,575 to 11 area schools through sports physical clinics - a total of 14 pandemic-safe clinics were held, serving 663 students
- Brought people together 36 times, most virtually, for a variety of family-focused area events, including Festival of Trees, Get Fit, Family Bingo, and other fun, healthy activities
- Administered 636 seasonal influenza vaccinations; 557 high-dose and 79 low-dose
To see all of the 2022 activities of FHN, view our Quick Facts.
Our Employees Are Committed to the Communities We Serve
FHN employees have contributed more than $1 million to the FHN Foundation since 1999 through the award-winning Partners in Giving Program.
Partners in Giving is an FHN employee fund-raising organization that creates opportunities for employees to contribute to FHN in various ways – through payroll deductions, donations, or through participation in fundraisers.
This program has been an outstanding success for our employees to collaborate with our community to raise funds for healthcare services.