FHN in the Community
FHN offers a series of flu shot clinics each year, beginning in October. These clinics are open to the public and held at locations across northwest Illinois. Each year's schedule is announced in late summer. For more information, contact FHN Community Services at
815-599-7437 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels provides meals Monday through Friday to those with a physician's diet order who reside within Freeport city limits.
A deposit equivalent to 2 weeks delivery is included in the application process. The meals include a choice of lunch and/or evening meal, both of which will be delivered around noon. The lunch is served hot and costs $4, and the evening meal is brought cold and costs $3. No deliveries are made on New Year's Day, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. For more information, call 815-599-6752.
Northwest Illinois Medication Disposal Program
Free, environmentally safe disposal of waste medications available through FHN and local law enforcement officials.
For more information, contact the Freeport Police Department at 815-235-8222 or the Stephenson County Sheriff's Department at 815-235-8290.
MedReturn boxes are located in the lobby of the police department buildings in:
- Byron Police Department, 232 West 2nd Street, Byron, IL
- Forreston Police Department, 103 South 1st Avenue, Forreston, IL
- Freeport Police Department, 320 W. Exchange Street, Freeport, IL
- East Dubuque Police Department, 193 Sinsinawa Avenue, East Dubuque, IL – needles only
- Galena Police Department, 311 N. Bench Street, Galena, IL
- Hanover Police Department, 207 Jefferson Street, Hanover, IL
- Lake Carroll Clubhouse, 3-200 Association Drive, Lake Carroll
- Lanark Police Department, 111 S. Broad Street, Lanark
- Mt. Morris Police Department, 105 West Lincoln Street, Mt. Morris, IL
- Mount Carroll Courthouse, 301 N. Main Street, Mount Carroll
- Oregon Police Department, 115 North 3rd Street, Oregon, IL
- Ogle County Sheriff's Department, 202 South 1st Street, Oregon, IL
- Pecatonica Police Department, 405 Main Street, Pecatonica
- Polo Police Department, 116 South Franklin Avenue, Polo, IL
- Savanna Police Department, 333 Chicago Avenue, Savanna
- Shannon Police Department, 17 E. Market Street, Shannon
- Stockton Police Department, 155 W. Front Avenue, Stockton
- Thomson Police Department, 2100 Market Street, Thomson
- Warren Police Department, 516 Anson Street, Warren
- 1-800-662-HELP (4357) Treatment Referral Routing Service
For Needle Disposal in Northern Illinois:
- Use a securable container, like a coffee can, milk bottle, plastic soda bottle, laundry detergent bottle, etc.
- Place the sharps into the container carefully with the points down.
- Do not overfill the bottle. About half full is the best time to dispose of it.
- Glue the lid in place! You may also secure some lids with heavy tape, like duct tape.
- Wrap the container in several plastic bags and then tape the entire package securely.
- Clearly print “DO NOT RECYCLE” on the outside of the package.
- Place in regular garbage for disposal.
- Instructions from the State of Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
MedReturn Medication Disposal Program brochure
National Drug Take Back flyer
Personal Emergency Response Systems
Phillips Lifeline is one option of personal emergency response systems currently available for those of any age needing this service.
The cost varies based on the system selected and shipping options for home delivery. Personal emergency response systems aren't just about falling. System choices include options for GPS tracking, medicine reminders, and waterproof devices.
Contact Phillips directly at 1-800-LIFELINE or 1-800-543-3546.
- 7+ million subscribers worldwide
- Offers direct access to our 24/7 U.S. call centers
- You choose the service options to match any lifestyle
Top 50 Program
The Top 50 Program provides information on health, wellness, prevention, stress management, and health screenings for those aged
50 and older. Top 50 regularly schedules blood pressure and cholesterol screens, flu shots, and support groups. Please contact us at 815-599-7437 or email email@example.com for additional information or to be placed on our mailing list.