We're Committed to Your Community
FHN serves the people of northwest Illinois, and we're proud to be a part of your community, too.
From Galena and Savanna to Stockton, Mount Carroll, Pecatonica, and Forreston, our healthcare providers are here to help you achieve and maintain your best health.
FHN also is here to support the other things that contribute to your well-being – a strong community, opportunities to enjoy fun activities with your family and friends, and a helping hand when you need one. We’re proud to support activities and opportunities throughout northwest Illinois, including everything from free screenings and school programs and healthy post-prom celebrations to golf outings, festivals, fairs, and more.
The COVID-19 pandemic presented a new challenge in reaching out to the people of our communities. While some of the services we offer were cut short, FHN managed to reach out via virtual and socially distanced events.
In 2022, FHN:
- FHN's free community summer exercise competition, Miles And Minutes, promotes good health and gives money to area schools.
In 2022, 330 participants logged a total of 251,018 minutes of exercise and $8,200 was donated to 7 area schools
- Participated in the community-wide Connect the D.O.T.S. initiative to promote well-being – and being well – by helping individuals meet their basic physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs
- Helped to serve families in northwest Illinois through 17 Mobile RX Pantry Program events held in cooperation with the Northern Illinois Food Bank
- Administered more than 1,750 blood pressure screenings at no charge, including counseling and education
- Educated more than 1,100 people on poison prevention
- Offered health information through provider-led seminars to more than 520 people at 21 events
- Presented school programs focused on health to 1,600 students
- Donated $16,575 to 11 area schools through sports physical clinics - a total of 14 pandemic-safe clinics were held, serving 663 students
- Brought people together 36 times, most virtually, for a variety of family-focused area events, including Festival of Trees, Get Fit, Family Bingo, and other fun, healthy activities
- Administered 636 seasonal influenza vaccinations; 557 high-dose and 79 low-dose
- Vaccinated or boosted 1,928 people against COVID-19 and its varients