We're Committed to Your Community
FHN serves the people of northwest Illinois, and we're proud to be a part of your community, too. From Galena and Savanna to Warren, Mount Carroll, Pecatonica, and Forreston, our healthcare providers are here to help you achieve and maintain your best health.
FHN also is here to support the other things that contribute to your well-being – a strong community, opportunities to enjoy fun activities with your family and friends, and a helping hand when you need one. We’re proud to support activities and opportunities throughout northwest Illinois, including everything from free screenings and school programs and healthy post-prom celebrations to golf outings, festivals, fairs, and more.
The COVID-19 pandemic presented a new challenge in reaching out to the people of our communities. While some of the services we offer were cut short, FHN managed to reach out via virtual and socially distanced events.
In 2020, FHN:
- Updated the public 24 times with regular COVID-19 update videos in addition to dozens of articles, social media posts, radio interviews, and other public messages
- FHN's free community summer exercise competition, Miles And Minutes, promotes good health and gives money to area schools. In 2020, 1,178 participants logged a total of 2,072,550 minutes of exercise and $8,200 was donated to seven area schools
- Participated in the community-wide Connect the D.O.T.S. initiative to promote well-being – and being well – by helping individuals meet their basic physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs
- Helped to serve 3,450 families in northwest Illinois through 23 Mobile RX Pantry Program events held in cooperation with the Northern Illinois Food Bank
- Through March, administered more than 1,528 health screenings at no charge, including blood pressure, height/weight/BMI, blood sugar/glucose, cholesterol screening and counseling and education
- Educated more than 415 people on poison prevention
- Through March, offered health information through provider-led seminars to more than 168 people at 3 events
- Presented virtual school programs focused on health to 2,767 students
- Donated $7,980 to 8 area schools through sports physical clinics - a total of 9 pandemic-safe clinics were held, serving 399 students
- Brought people together 11 times, most virtually, for a variety of family-focused area events, including Festival of Trees, Get Fit, Family Bingo, and other fun, healthy activities