Six area students have been awarded scholarships to help cover the cost of healthcare education. More than 41 outstanding students applied for the 2018 FHN Healthcare Career Scholarship.
Students applying for the scholarship write an essay about their career path along with their strengths and personal goals to support the healthcare needs of FHN's service area. The scholarship committee invited the top candidates for in-person interviews.
After the interviews, five winners were chosen to receive a $1,000 Healthcare Scholarship and one winner was chosen to receive a $1,000 Diversity Scholarship to help cover education expenses for the winter 2019 term. The 2018 FHN Healthcare Career Scholarship winners are:
• Rachel Harn of Freeport, who is pursuing a physical therapy degree at Carroll University in Waukesha, Wisconsin
• Rebecca Kuhlmeier of Davis, who is pursuing a nursing degree at Highland and plans to continue her education at a four year university
• Hanna Metzger of Forreston, who is pursuing an occupational therapy degree at St. Ambrose University in Davenport, Iowa
• Tyler Munson of Freeport, who is pursuing a physical therapy degree at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, Illinois
• Emily Offenheiser of Elizabeth, who is pursuing a speech pathology degree at the University of Missouri in Columbia, Missouri
The 2018 Diversity Scholarship winner is:
• Marshae Bowen of Freeport, who is pursuing a nursing degree at Western Illinois University in Macomb, Illinois