FHN Career Opportunities
Before you apply for a position with FHN, please read below...
FHN Workforce Standards
- PATIENT FOCUSED The patient is the most important person in our business.
- INTEGRITY We are respectful, honest and trustworthy to our commitment and service.
- PROACTIVE We anticipate and listen to determine customer needs and expectations. We take action to implement changes to improve customer service and our processes through individual and team initiatives. We anticipate and listen to determine customer needs and expectations. We take action to implement changes to improve customer service and our processes through individual and team initiatives.
- COMPASSIONATE We interact with extraordinary patience, kindness and respect.
- CREATIVE We are flexible and innovative in our delivery of all services.
- COMPETENT We know our job and do it well. We seek new opportunities and experiences that will improve and expand our knowledge and skills.
SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE Staff must consistently demonstrate effective communications and concern when interacting with all customers. Our staff is expected to exceed customer expectations with each interaction.
PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT Staff must consistently display a professional and caring attitude. A strong commitment to ethics and confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
TEAM PARTICIPATION Quality patient care is achieved through teamwork. Staff members are expected to participate on Process Improvement Teams to continue enhancing patient care.
PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE Personal appearance and required clothing must present an image of self-confidence and professionalism. Professional attire must always be worn while on any FHN campus.
GOOD ATTENDANCE Unscheduled absences impact patient care and fellow staff. Staff members are expected to be at work when scheduled and at the time the shift is to begin.
You can expect these benefits as a part of the FHN staff.
- A quality work life
- Opportunities for development and advancement
- A competitive compensation and benefits program
- An organization where each individual's contributions to quality service are recognized and rewarded
- A smoke and drug free work site
Standards for Selection
FHN strives to employ only the best staff to provide services to our customers. To achieve this goal, certain standards are evaluated when considering applicants:
- Relevance of past work experience
- Skill and competence
- Interpersonal skills
- Effective communications
- Growth and development
- Basic values and goals
- Customer relations skills
As you consider each of these standards, think about your own work history and compare and evaluate how you measure up to each standard. Candidates with short-term work records, attendance problems, non-relevant experiences, a history of employment being terminated, or those who do not have strong customer service or teamwork orientation would not meet the standards identified above for employment.
Six-Month Provisional Status
Most staff begin employment with a six month provisional status. This time frame allows you to ensure that this opportunity is the one that best meets your career needs. In addition this time frame allows the organization to evaluate your performance and customer service. During this time frame you are eligible for FHN benefit programs.
For information on career opportunities 24 hours a day, visit the FHN Career Opportunities page.
1045 West Stephenson Street
Freeport, IL 61032